(TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART-II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (I) OF THE GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
|New Delhi, dated the16th September, 2005|
G.S.R.... In exercise of the powers conferred by the clauses (b) and (c) of sub-section (2) of section 27 of the Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement -
1. These rules may be called the Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules,
2. They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Definition - In the rules, unless the context otherwise requires, -
a. 'Act' means the Right to Information Act, 2005;
b. 'section' means section of the Act;
c. all other words and expressions used herein but not defined and defined in the Act shall
have the meanings assigned to them in the Act.
3. A request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority.
4. For providing the information under sub-section (1) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority at the following rates:-
a. Rupees two for each page (In A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
b. Actual charge or cost price of a cost in larger size paper;
c. Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
d. For inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of rupees five for each fifteen minutes (no fraction thereof) thereafter.
5. For providing the information under sub-section (5) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority at the following rates:-
a. For information provided in diskette or floppy rupees fifty per diskette or floppy; and
b. For information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.
Government of India Press,
Mayapuri, New Delhi.
© This is the official website of Valsad Commissionerate Central Excise & Service Tax, Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Government of India.